Whether you’re intending to study at Newcastle College or Stafford College, we’ll do our best to ensure you enjoy your time with us and realise your educational and career ambitions.
We’re in the top 10% of general further education colleges in the country for learners aged 16-18 and we’re known as the largest and most successful further education provider in Staffordshire, with the widest choice of courses available for you to study. Both of our colleges provide a friendly and secure environment with top-class facilities and a dedicated and experienced staff team who are committed to your success.
- Our A Level pass rate stands at almost 98%, with 88% students achieving A* - C grades in 2018.
- Our vocational performance is equally strong with an overall pass rate of 99.2%, 81% of students achieving high grades, 55% awarded the highest possible grade of Distinction* (D*), equivalent to an A* at A Level, and 33.5% achieving the highest possible grade combination of D*D*D*.
- Our apprenticeship achievement rates are pretty impressive too at 80%, more than 10% above the national average, placing NSCG as one of the leading college providers in the region.
- A £65 million campus and a £5.5 million Performing Arts Centre at Newcastle
- Impressive sporting facilities, including a full-size 3G Astroturf pitch, indoor sports hall and a 25-station-gym at Newcastle
- A LEGO® Education Innovation Studio at both Newcastle and Stafford College’s
- Independent Learning Zones across both campuses giving students access to hundreds of brand new computers
- £3.5 million Science and Technology Centre at Stafford College
- Mac Suite at Stafford College boasting a number of Apple iMac computers
- Four hybrid vehicles for students studying Motor Vehicle to work on at Stafford College’
Excellent enrichment opportunities
As well as helping you gain your qualifications, we will be here to ensure you get the most out of your time at College. We have a thriving student community and you’ll have the opportunity to meet new people and get involved in activities to build your confidence and help you settle in. Whether you fancy taking centre stage at a college performance, donning your boots for a game of football, debating topical issues at a public speaking session or getting involved in charity fundraising – there are lots of opportunities to get involved.
We try harder
We want our college environment to be a place where you can thrive, achieve great things and go on to make a positive contribution to Staffordshire’s cultural and economic prosperity. We call it “committed to excellence”.
What that really means is we try harder. To invest in the facilities and staff that will help you get results. To inspire you with amazing learning experiences. To develop your talents and expand your horizons. And to stimulate you with a creative curriculum that takes local interests and national priorities to heart. So when you leave us, you’ll have the knowledge and social skills you need to perform at your very best.
Broad choice of courses
You can choose from a wide range of A Levels, Vocational courses and Apprenticeships, all taught by highly qualified, specialist teachers. Everyone learns differently, so choose the path that’s going to get you where you want to go. Whatever you choose, you’ll continue to develop and improve your maths and English skills and qualifications, and benefit from work experience, so you are prepared for the workplace.
Fundamental British Values
Fundamental British values are at the heart of everything we do. We stand up for democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect.
We also encourage our students to show tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs. You’ll see these values demonstrated in our tutorials and all areas of our curriculum. Make sure you respect them too.