Find yourself studying at an Outstanding college
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) has become the first further education provider in England to achieve the top grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
Overall, NSCG is rated as 'Outstanding'!
Out of 9 areas inspected, all 9 were rated Outstanding
The quality of education
Behaviour and attitudes
Leadership and management
Education programmes for young people
Adult learning programmes
Provision for learners with high needs
The inspection report, published on 14 November 2019, praises all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledges NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why Ofsted think we’re an Outstanding college…
What Ofsted said about our learners
- Learners on vocational courses develop high-quality technical and practical skills to enable them to move into further learning or employment.
- A Level learners develop thoroughly the knowledge to be successful in their examinations.
- The standard of learners’ and apprentices’ work is high.
What Ofsted said about our staff
- With support from teaching staff, students develop the specific knowledge, skills and behaviours needed for them to move into their intended next steps.
- Teachers are highly qualified and use their expertise to inspire learners to think deeply about their subjects and to master complex skills.
- Teachers and trainers design their curriculum to help learners and apprentices to develop the specific knowledge and skills employers demand.
What Ofsted said about our links with employers
- Leaders have exceptional links with local employers and regional business groups.
- Employers and trainers set challenging distinction-level assignments and projects that require apprentices to recall, apply and synthesis previous learning.
- Learners take part in high-quality work experience and work-related activities designed by employers that help them to develop the skills employers’ value.
What Ofsted said about our support
- Learners feel safe and supported at college.
- Learners develop very well their confidence, resilience and well-being. All learners undertake and value highly a programme that helps them to protect their mental health.
- They develop a strong understanding of life in modern Britain, their responsibilities at college and in their communities.
What Ofsted said about our leadership & management
- Direction from senior leaders is clear, supportive and challenging. As a result, staff are highly motivated and feel able to provider learners with an outstanding learning experience.
- Leaders, managers and teachers have developed an extensive and high-quality enrichment offer at both campuses that enhances learners’ curriculum.
- Leaders ensure that teachers and trainers plan a coherent and challenging curriculum for all learners and apprentices.
Ofsted Summary Brochure
Read all of the outstanding comments Ofsted made about us.
Official Ofsted Report
Read everything that Ofsted had to say about us.