The Group's achievement rates on A Levels and advanced vocational courses consistently exceed national benchmarks, firmly placing Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) among the top 10% of General Further Education Colleges in the country, for learners aged 16-18.
At NSCG, we recognise that results matter to young people and their parents.
The latest Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) national achievement rate tables, published on 26 March 2020 on the gov.uk website for the academic 2018-2019 year shows that NSCG's achievement rate for 16-18 year old full-time learners during the last academic year stood at 88.6%, placing the Group in the top spot in Staffordshire and South Cheshire and in the top 10% of Colleges nationally. Achievement rates are a measure of how many students completed and passed the course they studied. To compare us to other local FE providers please click here.
Achieving three or more substantial qualifications is key to unlocking progression on to university and into a good career. For several consecutive years NSCG has been the biggest provider of students to higher education in Staffordshire, with over 1100 students progressing to over 60 different universities last year. This is just one of the reasons why we’re the college of first choice locally.
A Level Results 2022
In 2022, 1227 A Level entries were made with a pass rate of 99.1%.
- 106 A* grades and 246 A grades awarded
- 64.4% of A Level entries achieved high grades A*-B, an increase of 13.3% since 2019, when formal examinations were last sat
- 87.3% achieved A* - C grades
- A Level subjects reporting a 100% pass rate, include: Animation, Art, Biology, Business, Computer Science, Drama & Theatre, Economics, English Language & Literature, English Literature, Film Studies, Further Maths, Geography, Graphic Design, History, Media Studies, Philosophy, Religion & Ethics, Photography, Physics, Politics and Psychology.
- 100% pass rate on A+ Certificates including: Business, Criminology, Human Biology, Financial Studies, Law and Psychology.
Vocational Results 2021
- 1222 BTEC Extended Diploma entries with 98.4% pass rate
- 49% of BTEC Extended Diploma entries achieved high grades DDD or above (equivalent to AAA at A Level)
BTEC Extended Diploma subjects with particularly strong grade profiles are as follows:
- Fashion – 75.9% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Applied Science – 60% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Sport & Exercise Science – 58% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Performing Arts Practice – 57% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Information Technology – 57% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Health & Social Care – 55.5% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Creative Media Practice – 52% of students achieved grade DDD or above
- Public Services – 52% of students achieved grade DDD or above
Our apprenticeship achievement rates are more than 13% above the national average, placing NSCG as the leading college provider in the region. We currently work with more than 850 employers, supporting more than 2300 apprentices in a wide range of industries to "earn whilst they learn".
Our students love being a part of NSCG and together we’re always sharing their college experiences and achievements for everyone to see, and more importantly, for you to see. Their world. Their freedom. Their joy. Their life. Their excitement. Make it yours. #MyNSCG