Course overviewThe introductory course will give you the confidence to progress onto the full Essential Digital Skills qualification at a level appropriate to your needs. While attending the introductory course you will explore essential digital skills for life, work, or further study and become familiar with a blended method of learning. Once you progress on to the qualification, you will develop skills in the following five areas:
1. Using devices and handling information
2. Creating and editing
5. Being safe and responsible online
What else do I need to know?It is essential you have access to your own device such as a Smart Phone or table and computer to enable you to access the course content.
What are the entry requirements?
• Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
• Use the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
• Use the accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
• Interact with the home screen on a device
• Connect to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
• Open and access an application on a device.
To ensure you are enrolled on the correct level, we will carry out an initial assessment to identify your current digital skills capabilities and areas for development.