Course overviewThe Essential Digital Skills qualification will develop skills in the following five areas:
1. Using devices and handling information
2. Creating and editing
5. Being safe and responsible online
At entry 3 the focus will be on developing skills for life and introducing learners to skills for work. At level 1 the focus will be more on skills for work with a secondary focus on skills for life.
The course will be delivery through a blended model, which will include a mixture of independent online and face to face learning. The majority of the course will be delivered via an online learning platform and we have built in essential face to face progress lessons to support you on your journey to achieving a new qualification.
What else do I need to know?It is essential you have access to your own device such as a Smart Phone or table and computer to enable you to access the course content and achieve the qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
• Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
• Use the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
• Use the accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
• Interact with the home screen on a device
• Connect to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
• Open and access an application on a device.
What financial support is on offer?
What can I do next?
Accounting, Business, Computing & Travel
Course not right for you?
These similar courses may be more suited to you