10th July 2019
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) held its annual general meeting and staff awards presentation on Friday 5th July where a number awards were made to recognise outstanding staff contributions and achievements.
With governors, senior managers and staff in attendance, Simon Leech, Chair of Governors presented a review of academic year and shared an overview of the progress made against the objectives set in the College strategic plan, titled ‘Committed to Excellence’. The presentation was followed by a staff awards ceremony, which saw a range of awards presented, including; Outstanding Contribution – Lecturer, Outstanding Contribution - Assessor, Outstanding Contribution – First Year in Post, along with a special award to long serving staff members.
In the Outstanding Contribution – Lecturer category, the award was presented to Curriculum Leader, Rob Sigley from the Newcastle campus for his fantastic work on the recently launched Supported Internship programme which has seen a number of students with learning difficulties supported in to full time, sustainable employment with local employers.
The second award in the category was made to Stafford-based Curriculum Leader for Sport, Jack Bullock in recognition of his unrelentingly positive attitude and outstanding leadership of the Stafford College HE Sport programme.
Brickwork Assessor, Dave Ratcliffe was awarded Outstanding Contribution – Assessor, for his efforts in managing a busy caseload, whilst delivering consistently strong results.
In a dedicated category to recognise staff members in their first year in post, Assistant Student Engagement Co-ordinator, David Bourne, was recognised for the way he has seamlessly transitioned in to his new job and his pivotal role in making the College’s end of year events schedule such a success.
Principal & Chief Executive, Karen Dobson said: “We have a staff team who are highly dedicated and committed to making a difference to the lives of our learners and our wider community. The annual staff awards event is our way of formally thanking all staff for their commitment, whilst recognising and rewarding a number of highly dedicated, hard-working individuals who have really excelled in their respective roles.”
The traditional staff awards were followed by a presentation to staff who had recent been recognised at a national level for their outstanding contributions in their field of work or study in the annual Pearson BTEC awards.
The full list of Outstanding Contribution Award winners:
- Outstanding Contribution – Lecturer (Newcastle), Rob Sigley
- Outstanding Contribution – Lecturer (Stafford), Jack Bullock
- Outstanding Contribution - Assessor, Dave Ratcliffe
- Outstanding Contribution – Manager (Newcastle), Maggie Law
- Outstanding Contribution – Manager (Stafford), Mark Kent
- Outstanding Contribution - Support Staff Member (Newcastle), Wendy Lewis
- Outstanding Contribution - Support Staff Member (Stafford), Lisa Wootton
- Outstanding Contribution - First Year in Post; David Bourne
- Outstanding Contribution - Over the Course of Their Career; Denise Haney
- Special Senior Management Team Special Award – NSCG Maths & English Team
The full list of BTEC Award winners:
- Michele Robinson - Engineering Lecturer, Newcastle College: Silver Award
- Marie Myatt - Public Services Lecturer, Stafford College: Bronze Award
- Tracy Reynolds - Curriculum Leader Art & Design, Stafford College: Bronze Award
- Cheryl Smith - Curriculum Leader Art & Design, Newcastle College: Bronze Award
Our students love being a part of NSCG and together we’re always sharing their college experiences and achievements for everyone to see, and more importantly, for you to see. Their world. Their freedom. Their joy. Their life. Their excitement. Make it yours. #MyNSCG