We recognise that our college has a responsibility to create an environment that promotes student and staff wellbeing and that proactively supports student and staff mental health.
That's why we've signed up to the Association of Colleges (AoC) Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter.
- Ensure that wellbeing and mental health work is led by a senior manager supported by a member of staff with particular responsibility for mental health.
- Have a wellbeing and mental health policy accompanied by a clear implementation action plan which is monitored regularly and reviewed annually.
- Create an open and inclusive college ethos which includes respect for those with mental ill health.
- Promote equality of opportunity and challenge mental health stigma through curriculum teaching and also promote wellbeing through tutorial programmes.
- Provide appropriate mental health training for staff.
- Encourage and collect student views on mental health and wellbeing by working with the Students’ Union and other student representative bodies.
- Ensure a consistent and positive approach to staff wellbeing.
- Provide targeted individual mental health support where appropriate or alternatively signpost to external support services.
- Provide relevant information to parents and carers.
- Establish effective links with local health and voluntary sector mental health groups.
- Promote the benefit that physical activity and sport has on mental wellbeing.
Our students love being a part of NSCG and together we’re always sharing their college experiences and achievements for everyone to see, and more importantly, for you to see. Their world. Their freedom. Their joy. Their life. Their excitement. Make it yours. #MyNSCG